Are you an avid reader looking for your next "fix"? Can't bear to be without some form of reading material in your spare time? Welcome to my world! Whether you are seeking a new book to "feed your need", or you are an author seeking an unbiased point of view on your own recent masterpiece, this is the place to be. With life as with books, you never know where the next step might take you...

Tuesday, January 9, 2018

The Legacy of Androva: Surviving Magic by Alex C. Vick

Hi there!
Welcome back to Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers.

Image result for the legacy of androva

Today, we're shining the light on a series I came to know last year by celebrating the latest release from this talented author.  The series is called The Legacy of Androva and it sits firmly in the Young Adult Fantasy genre.  Though a series, each book stands on its own...proof in the pudding from the fact that I've only read (thus far) book five (then) and six (now).  It's not even a case of "the more the merrier" because although there are some pieces that interlock, the story truly is best taken on its own due to overlapping characters, places, and times...hey, what do you want?  When you're dealing with the future, magical beings, and the timeline of life, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE.  Thus, we welcome today's book of choice to the floor...


Image result for the legacy of androva

The Legacy of Androva, Book 6
by
Alex C. Vick
9781977864710

About the book...
My name is Galen and I never wanted to know the future. Life as an underage magician on Androva was already complicated. Using illegal spells on professors, opening portals to strange new worlds, and trying to avoid being matched with the wrong girl.
Then I found the right girl and everything changed. I made some choices I can’t take back. I opened a doorway in time and now I know that a great evil is coming. I’m nearly seventeen and I’m a pretty good magician, but that won’t be nearly enough. No one on Androva will believe me – the runaway who chose love instead of duty. If I get this wrong, there’s a lot more than my own life at risk…
Although Surviving Magic is part of the Legacy of Androva series, it can also be read independently. However, if you have read Seeking Magic and want to know more about Galen, Surviving Magic is his story. The book retells part of Seeking Magic from Galen’s point of view.


AMAZON US  |  UK




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


My initial reaction to finishing this one...

Image result for emoji hearts eyes

That. Was. AWESOME!

Right from the start, you're drawn back in to Androva's history, culture, magic, and the characters you simply can't say no to. After reading the last book (Seeking Magic), I was rather interested in knowing more about our boy Galen, so while I expecting some things, it was never to this magnitude.  Seeing where he came from, the trials he faced, the enemies he made, the hearts he spurned however unintentionally, the heart at long last he hoped to capture for himself, and just....EVERYTHING...it was truly magical.  There's danger, friendship, romance, heaping loads of magic, and many many lessons to be learned by pretty much everyone involved.  Though connected by the series, it stands on its own stalwart and true...and might I say the better for it as well because while it does recount some of the previous story from another vantage point, unless you've read that book immediately preceding, you might be scratching your head to readjust your view of that tale.

In the end, it was a great read through and through!  Perfect for those fans of the YA Fantasy genre, but also for those simply dabbling.  Trust me, this is one of those series that just won't let you go...though I hear book seven will be the final installment (boo hoo!).  So, what ARE you waiting for?  There are SIX BOOKS OF AWESOME waiting for you RIGHT NOW!
You won't be sorry.          



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


About author Alex C. Vick...


This is me (probably stating the obvious). I'm the author. I've written six books about the Legacy of Androva so far. Book seven, which will be the final book in this series, is already under way. The stories are contemporary fantasy, aimed at lower YA / upper MG, and I hope that they can be enjoyed by adults too. I have lots of ideas about what to write next and I'm already looking forward to choosing one of them!

Ever since I was old enough to figure out there was probably no such thing as magic, I always (secretly!) hoped it was some kind of mistake. Surely it must exist somewhere? Eventually I decided it must have been lost or forgotten somehow. And that's where the idea for Stealing Magic, the first book, came from.

I live in the South of England with my husband and two daughters. When I'm not at work, or writing about magic, I also enjoy reading and photography.

Finally, I love hearing from readers!  [Connect with me online at...]




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Image result for thanks

Special thanks to author Alex C. Vick for the signed copy for review.  (THANKS!)  For more information on this title, the series, or the author, feel free to click through the links provided above.  This title is available now as are the beginning books in the series, so seek thee out a copy at your favorite online retailers today!

Until next time, remember...if it looks good, READ IT!




1 comment:

Melissa (My World...in words and pages) said...

Oh wow. This sounds great! And glad to hear they can be read out of order. lol. To be drawn in on so many great points of the story is wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

Copyright © 2009-present Satisfaction for Insatiable Readers
Powered by Blogger
Content by the Insatiable Reader